Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
- 1 year fixed term contract – with possibility of extension
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s vision is to support the people and Government of Timor-Leste to build and sustain healthy, educated and prosperous individuals and communities, who live with dignity and determine their own future. PHD brings together, under one program, what were previously eight separate Australian Government investments in health, education, sanitation, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
The Finance Officer – Grants will act as the focal point for all financial matters relating to Grants, working closely with the PHD Grants Managers and officers, finance team, sector leads and grantees, in managing the financial requirements for Grants, aligned with PHD procedures and Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines. The Finance Officer Grants will consolidate:
- Grants financial administration – maintaining and monitoring up to date grant financial records and data to ensure grants financial transactions are correctly recorded in all financial systems. This will include review of Grantee proposal budgets for contracting and budget confirmation, monitoring and reconciliation of Grantee financial reports, tranche due dates and acquittals.
- Grantee relationship management – providing mentoring support to grantee staff as may be required to improve grants financial administration. This may include assisting grantees in preparing accurate financial reports, including vouchers, journals.
- Program support and financial reporting – providing support to the PHD Grants Managers on all related financial reporting, gathering financial information for grants administration, closures or investigations as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma or Degree in relevant financial area
- Minimum 2 years financial experience specifically with grants acquittals, reconciliations and management reporting on financial matters relating to grants
- Experience in accurately managing financial data and records using financial software systems
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships with Grantees, Grant partners and other stakeholders
- Level of proficiency in English and Tetum
PHD is a 5 year program to 25 April 2021. This position is available for 12 month contract duration with possibility of extension based on individual performance, approval of program budget and alignment with ongoing program work plan.
Further Information and How to Apply
A detailed position description can be viewed online via this link
Applications can be lodged through email email@example.com– please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter detailing their suitability for this position.
Closing date: Monday 20 March 2017 (midnight AEST)
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.(*****)