USAID’s Avansa Agrikutura Project JOB Advertisement: Data Collector and Administrative Assistant for Aileu Municipality
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project is a horticulture value chain activity aimed at addressing the key challenges of rural poverty, natural resource degradation, food insecurity, and under-nutrition. The value chain approach will be applied in achieving increased productivity along key horticulture value chains that include vegetables, fruits and legumes. Through the promotion of sustainable production practices, increased functionality of farmer groups and associations, improved market linkages, and increased availability and access to quality agricultural inputs and services, including access to finance, the project will aim to stimulate and support increased economic activity and growth in targeted rural communities and districts. Sustainability of these interventions will be supported by work to maintain sound policies and enabling environment relevant to the sector, as well as efforts to increase resilience to climate change and improve natural resource management as it relates to farm systems.
- SCOPE OF WORK
- Assignment Objective
The Data & Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Avansa Agrikultura office for the support of all day-to-day administrative processes of the field office and to coordinate the collection and compilation of data at the Municipality level. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies. The Administrative Assistant will also coordinate with the Operations Manager in Dili Office and the MEE (Monitoring and Evaluation Expert)
The position reports to the Operations Manager and will be supervised at field level by a District Activity Manager
- Specific Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Provide timely administrative support to ensure that office operations are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner
- Support the preparation and materials for meetings and events
- Assemble briefers and background materials with key high level personnel
- Work with appropriate senior managers on talking points and meeting preparation materials
- Develop and maintain office filing systems and secure information by completing data base backups, under direction of Operations Manager.
- Manage administrative logistics and requirements as per office requirements
- Keep updated record of equipment issued to staff and an Asset Register
- Under the direction of the MEE, establish a field level system of data collection, collation and uploading to the M&E database in Dili office.
- Coordinate with municipality based staff and Activity Managers from Dili office and consultants , to ensure that appropriate forms are used to record events, meetings, training, surveys, activity monitoring and all other project work that requires data to be collected and recorded, are completed and in a timely fashion.
- Conduct routine and planned site visits for data collection in discussion with Activity Managers and the MEE. Collate and upload data to Dili office.
- Coordinate with Activity Managers (AMs) and others, the planning and needs for data collection for each activity and the associated data collection, frequency and methods to be used. Support AMs as time permits to collect such data for activities.
- Work with MEE to develop monthly tracking sheets and reports, reporting Municipality level results for each month and to date.
- Capacities Required for Position:
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree; or significant on the job experience, in absence of a degree.
- Language Skills – English language fluency desired
- Intermediate computer skills, especially on MS Word, Excel and outlook
- Experience – At least three years’ work experience in the administrative, secretary, or general office support functions
- Interpersonal Skills – Strong interpersonal skills in the context of dealing with expatriate and Timorese staff members, as well as with USAID, business, and host-country government officials. Possess the ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance – Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks as required.
This program represents a challenging, fast-paced international work environment that demands initiative, flexibility and a willingness to travel for certain aforementioned positions. In return, Cardno offers the right candidate a very competitive package and an exciting job that rewards creative thinking and offers an opportunity to develop a deep insight into the functioning of the Timor-Leste economy, and possibly beyond. Please note that the rate of pay will be based on previous salary and local labour standards. For further details please email email@example.com
To apply please send your CV and a brief cover letter in English. Applications should be emailed quoting ‘USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project – DCAA’, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Positions are open to Timor-Leste nationals. The M&E Assistant needs to have a valid Timor-Leste motorcycle license and willing to travel to district locations in a motorcycle. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants will be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
The deadline for submission of CVs / Expressions of Interest is March 29, 2017 at 5.30pm