Marie Stopes Timor-Leste (MSTL)-Vacancy Announcement – Clinic Doctor
10 April 2017
Marie Stopes Timor-Leste (MSTL), a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) global partnership is non-profit, non-government organization (NGO) specializing in supporting and delivering high quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services (SRH). We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2007 to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) implement national reproductive health strategies and achieve national maternal health goals. Our guiding principles are to support the MoH to deliver a broad range of high quality family planning and SRH services ensure excellence in clinical quality; and support the delivery of services that are client-focused and promote choice.
MSTL seeks a Timorese National for the position of Clinic Doctor. As a member of the Clinic team, The Clinic Doctor will report to the Clinic Coordinator and be responsible for every-day service provision at the MSTL family health clinic in Dili, including SRH and general health needs. Specifically, this includes the provision of circumcision, STI, family planning counselling and services, ANC health checks and general health checks. The Clinic Doctor will also support in stock management, infection prevention, QTA preparation, Government reporting and other duties allocated by the Clinic Coordinator.
Key Requirements of the Position:
- Master or professional degree (medical degree)
- Relevant specialist qualification desirable
- Five (5) years working experience in related area
- Experience providing sexual and reproductive health services, including family planning counselling and services
- Experience conducting circumcision
- Experience with ultrasound
- Experience taking blood samples
- Experience providing training and education
- Post registration experience preferred
- Family planning experience preferred
- Experience in program planning, management and reporting preferred
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Organisational skills to priorities and manage workload, and manage events
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to be flexible and support the needs of the team as required
- Respects and has commitment to an individual’s right to control their own fertility
- Demonstrates personal commitment to continuing professional development
- Client focused
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to perform under stress
- A valid professional card with the Ministry of Health
MSTL is an equal opportunities employer. Eligible male or female candidates are encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability to the above requirements in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, MSTL, Rua Belarmino Lobo, Bidau-Lecidere, Dili or by email to Nina da Costa, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com. A detailed job description can be obtained by sending an email to the above address.
All applications must be received by MSTL no later than 5pm Monday 24 April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.(Media ONE Timor)