Vacancy: Plan International Timor-Leste – Communication Intern
|Department & Location||
Advocacy and Communications Advisor
The communications intern will help the communications team to raise Plan International Timor-Leste’s brand and profile as an expert on children’s rights and gender equality in Timor-Leste and internally within the Plan International Federation, by supporting the production of quality and consistent external and internal communications.
Duration: Initial period of 6 month, renewable once upon agreement of both parties.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Support the Communications’ team in gathering case studies of Plan International Timor-Leste programmes.
- Promote and maintain Plan International Timor-Leste’s social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and Website
- Support the Communications’ team with translations of texts from English to Tetun and Tetun to English.
- Regularly upload Plan International Timor-Leste’s activities photos and stories to the Media Bank.
- Support Programme Managers with the production of communications material (Photo, banner, flyer, video, etc.)
- Produce and disseminate a monthly newsletter highlighting Plan International Timor-Leste’s activities and achievements.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Communications essential, International development and/or social issues such as gender equality/youth empowerment etc. would be a plus.
- Good written and spoken English is essential
- Good computer skills is essential, including social media, web based communication and Microsoft Office suite (knowledge of Adobe suite, especially Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, would be a plus)
- Experience in journalism or communications for development a major advantage
- Story-telling skills (in English and Tetun) a major advantage
- Skills in photography, design and/or video would be an advantage but we will provide training for the right candidate
- Understanding of Plan International’s work and priority areas preferred
- Willingness to learn and quick to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Willingness to travel in remote areas.
Level of Contact with Children: HIGH
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 May 2017
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Sarah.Casteran@plan-international.org or by hand to Plan International offices in Dili (Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos, near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office).
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492
Plan International in Timor Leste
Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20
Bairo dos Grilos
PO Box 246, Dili, Timor Leste
Office +670 331 2492 |