Vacancy: Various Positions
Plan always encourages applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Disaster Risk Reduction Project Officer
Location: Dili (25%) and Municipality (75%)
Reports to: Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Manager
The DRR Project Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Child Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA)-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Aileu and Ainaro Municipality which will be in integrate in Plan International Timor- Leste four country programs.
The 4CA and DRR program focuses on 6 schools and communities in Aileu, 4 communities in Ainaro to increase the capacity of students (girl and boys), teachers, and directors of schools, volunteers, parents and children with disabilities and theirs communities (male and female) on Climate Change Adaptation for risk reduction.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Planning, implementation, conducting monitoring and evaluation of the 4CA-DRR project to achieve project outcomes
- Develop and maintain networks and partnerships at Municipality level to support 4CA-DRR project
- Provide technical support within 4CA-DRR project including specificly for safe school project to schools and communities to increase capacity of target beneficiaries
- Provide timely and regular reports to DRM Manager
- Facilitate donor and management visits at Municipality and community level
- Ensure 4CA-DRR support to safe school project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality based on risk profile, PLAN TL vision and mission
- Provide training for beneficiaries to develop and strengthen CCA and disaster preparedness and self-reliance for schools and communities most at-risk.
- Working closely with the target schools and communities and sponsor Child/families in developing preparedness and response plans
- Encourage students, teachers, director of schools, parents and disabled children to participate actively in all phases of program implementation
- Facilitate regular meetings between schools and communities, Sponsor/families and relevant stakeholders for planning and sharing of learnings
- Collaborate and coordinate with other country programs (CP, WOGIP, Education, Youth, WASH) within the framework of the integration of 4CA-DRR in Municipalitys and community’s level.
- Close coordination with Area Manager, Assistant Area Manager, project coordinators to identify, community mobilization officer to request and delivery of sponsorship token.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or advanced (higher) university degree or equivalent in social/community development or in related fields
- At least 3 years’ experience in development work on 4CA-DRR or safe school, and being responsible for budget, have knowledge on 4CA and DRR implementation at school and community level
- Have ability to facilitate participatory process using Participatory Disaster Risk Assessment (PDRA) method and techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity building and training skills
- Have knowledge and experience working with local Authorities at different levels, schools and communities.
- Ability to advocate for child center climate change adaptation-disaster risk reduction (4CA-DRR)
- Have a commitment to work with vulnerable communities at a very remat area
- Have skills to coordinate with other partners (Government and other NGOs/CSOs).
- Ability to analyze, document and report
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Able to speak and write English.
- Ability to drive motorcycle and in possession of driving license.
- Able to use Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Media and Communications Officer
Location: Country Office, Dili
Reports to: Advocacy and Communications Advisor
- Initial contract of 6 months with possibility to extend
- Full-time Monday to Friday
- Salary range: US$ 394 to 731 depending on qualifications and experience.
The Media and Communications Officer will raise Plan International Timor-Leste’s brand and profile as an expert on children’s rights and gender equality in Timor-Leste and within the Plan International Federation, by supporting the production of quality and consistent external and internal communications.
She/He will work as part of a team to contribute to influencing relevant policies in Timor-Leste through creative and engaging communications.
- Work with Programme Managers to gather case studies of Plan International Timor-Leste programmes.
- Promote and maintain Plan International Timor-Leste’s social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and Website
- Regularly upload Plan International Timor-Leste’s activities photos and stories to the Media Bank.
- Pitch stories, articles, etc. to international media.
- Support Programme Managers with the production of communications material (Photo, banner, flyer, video, etc.)
- Produce and disseminate a monthly newsletter highlighting Plan International Timor-Leste’s activities and achievements.
- Work closely with the Gender Adviser to implement Plan International’s Because I am a Girl movement (BIAAG) and organize the International Day of the Girl Child on 11 October.
- Represent Plan International Timor-Leste in external meetings, conferences, etc.
- Organize and support media visits
- Fluent and engaging written and spoken English essential
- Good computer skills is essential, including social media, web based communication and Microsoft Office suite (knowledge of Adobe suite, especially Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator would be a plus, but not required.)
- Experience in journalism, PR or communications for development.
- Story-telling skills (in English and Tetun).
- Skills in photography, design and/or video would be an advantage but we will provide training for the right candidate
- Understanding of Plan International’s work and priority areas preferred.
- Willingness to learn and quick to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Willingness to travel in remote areas.
Level of Contact with Children: HIGH
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13 June 2017
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to PlanTL.Jobs@plan-international.org or by hand to Plan International offices in Dili, Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos, near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.
Plan International in Timor Leste
Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20
Bairo dos Grilos
PO Box 246, Dili, Timor Leste
Office +670 331 2492 |