REVENUE ENHANCEMENT FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE
Dili, Timor Leste
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Now celebrating over 20 years of operations, IBI is dedicated to providing insightful analysis and practical, timely solutions to challenges facing governments and companies. IBI was recently awarded a donor-funded project to help the Government of Timor Leste to improve efficiency of international and cross border trade and transit.
This is a position for a citizen Timor Leste, but citizens of other countries legally residing in Dili may apply (salary will not change based on nationality). Salary offer will be based on Salary history and experience. The project will last three years, and the position will start in July or August, 2017.
The Office/Finance Manager (OFM) will assist the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in administrative functions and will assume supervisory responsibility and authority over all aspects of project administration that concern finance, human resources, and operations. In this context, the OFM will supervise the Administrative Assistant, and security and transportation contractors in their day-to-day management of HR and operational activities. Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the COP in managing all financial operations of the project, including accounting and reporting, cash management, and budget management
- Ensure that the project financial operations are in compliance with all USAID and IBI policies and procedures
- Manage financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance to bookkeeper or accountant.
- Ensure monthly transactions are entered in the General Ledger accurately and on timely basis
- Review and process procurements, vendor invoices, consultant agreements for payment
- Review semi-monthly payroll, ensuring direct transfer to employee’s checking accounts and remitting payroll deduction to the correct government agencies
- Process and oversee advances issued in the Field Office for field activities and staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and settlement of advances in a timely manner
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field office expenses to the home office
- Analyze and reconcile the banking account into accounting system, following up outstanding items
- Prepare estimates of projected expenditures and request financial resources from the HO
- Other financial and administrative tasks as required and assigned by the COP and DCOP.
Operations Management – Human Resources:
- Oversee human resource management and personnel administration to ensure that IBI is complying with local laws and donor policies.
- Work closely with the COP to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest, and legal ramifications of IBI activities in the country.
Operations Management – Administration:
- Ensure the Administration systems are implemented as described in the Field Administration Manual
- In collaboration with HO Operations Department, contribute to the development of field office policies (e.g., STTA apartment usage, phone policy, fleet management etc.) and communicate new policies to all staff as described in the Field Administration Manual.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and donor requirements in relation to administrative and financial management.
- Oversee facility management, including housing and office leases and ensure that security standards are maintained at all premises.
- Ensure that all IBI contracts and business transactions/relationships are transparent and in compliance with Timor Leste laws and IBI and USAID policies.
- Assist the program team and departments to understand their roles and responsibilities in terms of interaction with the Administration departments. These include trainings, regular coordination meetings, problem solving and necessary planning activities to ensure effective and timely program implementation.
Operations Management – Logistics:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurements, and ensure accurate paperwork and a supply chain as described in the Field Procurement Manual.
- Ensure procurement records systems are well managed and maintained.
- Supervise the transportation vendor, and/or the fleet management team and ensure that systems are in place to track maintenance schedules, fuel usage and vehicle scheduling as described in the Field Fleet Management Guidelines.
- Chair tender openings as required.
Operations Management – Security:
- Serve as the country team’s security focal point to maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team in all aspects of its work, that workshops and events are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities, and that the office has a regularly updated Security Operating Procedures and Security Management Plans in place.
- Ensure that security reporting (incident/situational) as well as monthly overviews are reported in a timely manner and according to internal procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree, degrees in business, finance or related subjects preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ total professional experience in the areas of finance and administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on administrative and finance areas on a donor-funded project.
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent English and Tetum, excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced Degrees in finance, business, or related field
- Experience working on administrative and finance areas on a USAID-funded project.
- Fluent in Portuguese
To Apply: Please send your resume and information about your earliest availability to start this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Office Manager : Timor Leste” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about IBI, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
Jeanne E. Mboma
Recruiter/ Field Personnel Manager
IBI is proud to be USAID’s 2015 Small Business of the Year!
4040 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Ph: 703-525-2277 x 235