Administrative Assistant REVENUE ENHANCEMENT FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Now celebrating over 20 years of operations, IBI is dedicated to providing insightful analysis and practical, timely solutions to challenges facing governments and companies. IBI was recently awarded a donor-funded project to help the Government of Timor Leste to improve efficiency of international and cross border trade and transit.
This is a position for a citizen Timor Leste, but citizens of other countries legally residing in Dili may apply (salary will not change based on nationality). Salary offer will be based on Salary history and experience. The project will last three years, and the position will start in July or August, 2017.
The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative and logistical support under the supervision of the Office/Finance Manager. Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the IBI/Timor Leste office by providing administrative and logistical support as needed for the implementation of project activities including organizing meetings, trainings, workshops, seminars etc.;
- Assist with logistics and set-up official meetings and appointments with USAID, other donors, government agencies, and implementing partners;
- Assist admin and project staff in collection of quotations for procurement of goods and services for the entire IBI/Timor Leste office, as required;
- Assist the admin team to keep up-to-date inventories of all property and equipment procured for the project.
- Maintain stock register of office stationary & grocery items, training materials and first aid box;
- Maintain equipment movement register;
- Assist the office in the smooth delivery of materials/letters etc to different organizations/institutions; he/she will also help to organize DHL delivery (in-county and outside the country)
- Receive visitors, and maintain visitors book;
- Support the Office/Finance Manager in the control, accounting and recording of petty cash transactions;
- After project supplied training, support the Office/Finance Manager Finance Manager with inputs into the project financial control and accounting system, (Quick Books);
- Other duties as requested by the Chief of Party or supervisor.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years’ total professional experience in the areas of finance and administration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent English and Tetum, excellent oral and written communications skills
- Post secondary school or Bachelor’s Degrees in finance, business, or related field
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience working on administrative and finance areas on a USAID-funded project.
- Fluent in Portuguese
To Apply: Please send your resume and information about your earliest availability to start this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Administrative Assistant: Timor Leste” in the subject line of the email. IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
Jeanne E. Mboma
Recruiter/ Field Personnel Manager
IBI is proud to be USAID’s 2015 Small Business of the Year!
4040 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22203, Ph: 703-525-2277 x 235, Fax: 703-525-2211