Communications Adviser (Closing date – 10 August)
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor-Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor-Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. This investment in Timor-Leste will work towards strategic objective 2 of Australia’s Timor-Leste Aid Investment Plan: enhancing human development. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
We are currently seeking applications for a Communications Adviser to join our PHD (Partnership for Human Development) Team with the possibility of an extension in the role. The Communications Adviser will be responsible for the management and implementation of effective communication and branding strategies across the program. The role will also provide support to the Communications Officer and guidance and support in the development and production of media events and engagements for internal and external stakeholders as well as program-wide publications and media materials, including print, photo, and video;
The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Work collaboratively across the team to maintain the communications strategy that promotes program visibility and further enhance this strategy and ensure it’s appropriate to the context;
- Develop a range of communication messages and products for both internal and external stakeholders, such as web and social media content, newsletters, speeches, and press releases;
- Ensure consistency with DFAT branding guidelines, child consent and communications protocols across the program.
- Lead the management of support and advice across program sector teams for their communication needs, including communication support for the Australian Embassy Timor-Leste and government counterparts (e.g. briefings, speeches, press releases);
- Provide guidance and oversight to the planning, budgeting, design and production of program publications and media materials, including print, photo, and video;
- Provide guidance and oversight to the team and stakeholders on media events and media engagement;
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges;
- Review and quality assure program communication activities to ensure they have impact, remain aligned with strategy, and represent value for money.
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders including Australian Embassy Timor-Leste, host government, partners, and beneficiaries to ensure relevance and support for program communications
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure strategic and creative ways to communicate program outcomes, results, and success stories.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of communication strategies and systems appropriate to DFAT and the Timor-Leste context.
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative forms of communications for different stakeholders and capacity to harness new technologies.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills appropriate to a variety of media and audiences.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline and experience in MS Word (Advanced), Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube). Mailchimp an advantage..
- Fluency in English
In addition to the above Key Selection Criteria, applicants must be available to live and work in Timor-Leste. Proficiency in Tetun-Prasa and/or Portuguese will be highly regarded.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at: http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=994909
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above (maximum of 5 pages).
Applications close 4:00pm, 10th August 2017 (AEST).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: email@example.com |