Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Country Director
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Program Manager (PM) provides leadership, management, coordination, and supervision of all aspects of ChildFund Timor-Leste$B!G(Bs programs, with the overall objective of improving the well-being of children in Timor-Leste. The Program Manager supervises, directly or indirectly, all ChildFund Timor-Leste Programs staff and reports to the Country Director. The Program Manager also works closely with various stakeholders and partners.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Program Development and Management
The PM is responsible for ongoing program quality development, monitoring, and implementation in accordance with relevant standards, policies, and strategic priorities. The PM will:
• Supervise, lead, mentor, and build the capacity of the ChildFund Timor-Leste Programs Team;
• Ensure quality and alignment of programs in line with strategic priorities;
• Develop, strengthen, and maintain high-level relationships with government, local authorities, other International and National NGOs, donors, and multilaterals, as a representation of ChildFund Timor-Leste;
• Develop proposals based on approved country strategies, including budgets when required;
• Develop and maintain program planning with timely reporting as required by ChildFund and donors;
• Develop and promote institutional learning and systematization within the program team, with the aim of building the team$B!G(Bs capacity to support high-quality program interventions;
• Ensure a high standard of financial accountability; and
• Coordinate key Program Reviews.
• Represent ChildFund Timor-Leste on relevant working groups and fora;
• Act as a media spokesperson as requested by the Country Director;
• Represent ChildFund Timor-Leste in organizational planning exercises as requested;
• Promote ChildFund Timor-Leste$B!G(Bs position as a child-centered development agency.
• Serve as a key member of the ChildFund Timor-Leste SMT, contributing to all strategic and policy decisions;
• Participate in cross-country strategic activities as requested.
• Commitment to ChildFund$B!G(Bs values, vision and mission;
• Accountability and integrity; and
• Adaptability and flexibility.
• Developing the capability of others and supporting them in achieving their goals through performance;
• Respond effectively to change;
• Understanding development, in-country context, and child-focused development;
• Conducting training and guiding others in area of expertise;
• Building partners$B!G(B and stakeholders$B!G(B competency for successful project management and implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in a similar Program Manager position, preferably within the international development/NGO sector;
• 5+ years experience managing projects, budgets, and staff;
• Experience introducing or establishing new programming approaches and initiatives;
• Understanding of community development, donor management, and partnership;
• Post-graduate qualifications or equivalent work experience in international development, community development, social work, or other similar focus is preferred;
• Knowledge and understanding of international best practices in international development is desirable; and
• Past experience in the NGO or Government sector in Timor-Leste.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Candidate must be a national of Timor-Leste or have an existing right to work in Timor-Leste.
• Adherence to written confidentiality policy/agreement is required;
• Some local and international travel is required;
• Permanent appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of a Police Check and signing of ChildFund$B!G(Bs child safeguarding policy and procedure code of conduct;
• Follow$B!>(Bup police checks will be required every two years, or at any other time when required by ChildFund; and
• Commitment and adherence to ChildFund policies and procedures is required.
STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS) RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MANAGERS
• Identify, assess, prioritise, and control risks to the health and safety of staff in and visitors to your area/s of responsibility in the workplace; and
• Ensure that staff in your area/s of responsibility are provided with safe work systems and that the systems are followed by the staff and visitors.
For additional information regarding ChildFund International and our programs to help children in need around the world, please visit our website at http://www.ChildFund.org. This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, print, retention, copy disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email message and delete all copies of this message. Thank you. ChildFund International, 2821 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294-3725 USA