Senior Program Coordinator – National Ambulance Service
Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Full-time position for 1 year, with possibility of extension
About the Program
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor-Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor-Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
The Health Ambulance and Transport Team supports the Timor-Leste National Ambulance Service to maintain over 100 ambulances which provide life-saving transport to patients across Timor-Leste. The program has a 24 hour Operations Centre, it has two vehicle maintenance workshops in Dili and mobile mechanic workshops in six municipalities. Paramedic training and support is provided through Ambulance services in Australia who participate in exchange programs with Timorese staff. The service is vital to lowering maternal and child mortality rates in Timor-Leste and overcoming barriers to women accessing emergency medical care.
About the Position
We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Program Coordinator to provide broad program management support to the Principal Transport Logistics Adviser, in coordinating all aspects of the National Ambulance Service program. The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Program Support and Reporting – assist in coordination of logistics and implementation of program activities in line with the approved work plan; provide administrative support in managing the program contract, budgeting and financial reporting
- Procurement – support the coordination of procurement activities for the National Ambulance Service; assist with contract preparation, monitor and manage contract compliance and performance of suppliers
- Team Management– support the Principal Transport Logistics Adviser in managing a team of 20 staff; oversee work schedules, coordinate staff development plans and professional development
- Liaison/Representation – Act as key liaison with PHD Operations, partners, counterparts and other stakeholders on key program activities as required
The successful candidate will bring:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in project management including administration and finance, preferably working on similar international development programs
- Experience in procurement and coordinating program logistics is highly desirable, but not essential
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to support and coordinate a large team of 20 staff
- Knowledge of service delivery priorities and challenges in the health sector in Timor-Leste, is an advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Tetum and English.
The PHD Program is a 5 year program to 25 April 2021. This position is available for 12 month contract duration with possibility of extension based on individual performance, approval of program budget and alignment with ongoing program work plan
How to apply
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates website http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=1003075
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org – Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Applications close Monday 13th November 2017 (11pm Timor-Leste).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: email@example.com |