Short Term Consultant – Gender & Disability
Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Short term position for 18 input days
About the Program
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor-Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor-Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
Gender and disability are both cross-cutting and vertical programs for the PHD. The PHD team is now developing strategies and workplans through participatory processes and requires assistance in drafting documents to DFAT standards. These documents will guide the work of these sectors for the next four years.
About the Position
We are currently seeking applications for a Short Term Consultant – Gender & Disability to assist the Gender & Disability Sectors in preparing and finalising key strategic documents that meet DFAT requirements, participate in a consultative process led by PHD teams to develop a gender strategy as well as gender and disability work plans. The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Attend and contribute to the consultation process to inform document development.
- Draft/Redraft the writing up of strategic documents in close consultation with Technical Lead for Access and Equality
- Review and edit final documents for PHD approval and submission to the Embassy
The successful candidate will bring:
- Excellent skills and demonstrated experience in preparing and writing high quality strategic documents (in English) aligned with DFAT reporting requirements
- Experience and knowledge working with DFAT programs preferably cross- cutting programs such as disability and gender equality in Timor-Leste
- Demonstrated experience of the strategic planning process with the ability to listen well to input and ability to reflect issues based on priorities within the strategy.
- Experienced in monitoring and evaluation highly desirable, but not essential
How to apply
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates website http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=1003089
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org – Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Applications close Monday 6th November 2017 (11pm Timor-Leste).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: email@example.com |