- Dynamic team
- 12 Month Contract
- Based in Dili, Timor Leste
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and was named one of the 40 international development innovators. The company has offices in the U.S., Australia and the U.K., and program offices in more than 50 countries.
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD)
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. This investment in Timor-Leste will work towards Strategic Objective 2 of Australia’s Timor-Leste Aid Investment Plan: enhancing human development. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
In line with the recommendations of the nutrition review, and in partnership with the Government of Timor-Leste, the Nutrition Adviser will advise on the strategic development of programming in the PHD Nutrition sector and all other relevant PHD sectoral work. Technical advice will also be provided to GOTL as required.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Supporting the PHD Tech Lead – Nutrition in multi-sector nutrition dialogues, including meetings of the Permanent Technical Secretariat of KONSSANTIL, trainings and policy dialogues;
- Providing technical inputs into the development and implementation of relevant GoTL strategies, polices, research and institutional mechanisms aimed at improving nutrition and food security
- Providing technical inputs into the design, implementation M&E and scale up of Hamutuk, President’s Nutrition Program, TL FIX and other PHD nutrition- sensitive programs implemented by other sectors
- Lead / guide field research to guide PHD and GOTL as requested
- Advise on and support the on-going analysis of Timor-Leste’s nutrition situation, bringing together the findings of previous, current and planned analyses l and interpreting them systematically and holistically
The preferred applicant will have:
- Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in nutrition and dietetics or public health nutrition.
- Demonstrated skills in providing strategic programmatic advice on multi-sectoral nutrition initiatives
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting and synthesizing nutrition data from disparate sources;
- At least 15 years relevant professional experience, including significant multi-sector nutrition policy dialogue at senior levels in developing countries;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing strategy documents and policy briefs in English;
- Demonstrated skills as an adviser and as a team player in multi- sectoral and multi-cultural teams; and
- Willingness to travel within Timor-Leste (approx. 15-20% of time)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective nutrition training with a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience in providing advice to partner governments at senior levels; and
- Timor-Leste and South East Asia working experience
- Tetum, Bahasa or Portuguese language skills
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at:
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 4th December 2017
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: firstname.lastname@example.org |